Monday, September 15, 2008

Gate 1: Secure.

I admire people who take their job seriously. They have a passion for what they do and they do it to the fullest.

Unless, of course, that passion gets in the way of something I am trying to accomplish. Like today. I was simply trying to raise some money for charity, but Mr. "I'm-the-boss-of-gate-one-and-no-one-gets-in-without-a-parking-pass-even-if-they're-not-parking-in-a-spot-and-it's-7-hours-before-game-time" made that task incredibly difficult. Maybe it's the excessively long name I just gave him, or maybe it's the fact that every other person in line was probably trying to get in the gaet without a pass, but seriously man. Come on! We're just trying to set-up a bike and sell some simple tickets. I know you're watching your gate, but let's look at the big picture here. Is this one motorcycle really going to hurt anything?

Luckily Miller Lite came to the rescue and everything was solved. The bike got in, we sold tickets, and everyone was happy. (Except that guard, who eventually came looking for me to kick me out. Oh well. The rest of us were happy at least.)

You can take a look at this controversial bike (and maybe buy some tickets) at www.strokersdallas.com.

No comments: