Friday, October 17, 2008

Weird wake-up call

So I was walking my dog yesterday morning and over by one of the bushes I noticed a plastic container turned upside down. It looked like one of those tunnels you put in a hamster cage. I walked past it the first time, just glancing quickly.

"Wait, was there fur under there?" I thought. "No way. I must not be awake yet. There definitely wouldn't be an animal under that plastic thing. Who would leave their pet rodent outside overnight?! It's freezing out here!* "

So I ignored it and continued on the walk. However, when I returned to the location at the end of our route, I decided to take a closer look.

Yes. There was definitely a guinea pig under that container. And the container was placed in a way so that the entrance was blocked and the g.pig couldn't escape.

What in the world?! Who would put their guinea pig outside? Was this the last straw for someone annoyed at the noise? Was this a horrible prank between siblings? Or was someone seriously "walking" their little rodent?

I don't know the answer, but I do know that it was one of the strangest things I've seen at my apartment complex so far. And that says a lot.



*"freezing" is relative to your geographic location. In Texas, it was damn cold.

No comments: