Thursday, May 28, 2009

I need help.

It seems that no matter what time of day it is, no matter how much sleep I have gotten in the past few days, no matter what is on the radio, I absolutely canNOT drive on the highway by myself without falling asleep at the wheel.

It's been like this forever. I used to nod off while driving home from school on the ever-so-exciting I-69 in Indiana. Now I fall asleep on the way to/from work, lunch, errands, shopping, etc. on I-30 or 183 or anyother major highway here in Texas. And it's not so much that I'm actually falling completely asleep. It's more or less that I can't keep my eyes open or focused. I almost go into a dizzy haze. Of course it only happens when I'm alone, so no one ever witnesses the danger.
I really think I need to have my license revoked. Or at least have some icon added on there that indicates "sleeper at wheel."

So I need help. I need ideas on how to stay awake. Put the windows down? tried it. Turn up the radio and sing along outloud? nope. Blast the air conditioner on your face? Not so much. Drink coffee so hot that it burns your tongue? Did that, burnt tongue, still couldn't keep eyes open. The only thing that's worked so far is eating peanut M&Ms throughout the entire duration of my trip. If this is my only hope, I think I'm going to be screwed. Fat and screwed.

No comments: