Friday, January 14, 2011

a happy little bag

I have too many bags and purses for one person. And the problem is, I don't really use all of them! In college, I would separate each day into a different bag: Monday's bag had all the books/papers/folders I needed for my Monday classes and activities, and so on for each day of the week. It was my way of staying organized and making sure I had everything I needed each time I left the house.

Well now that I don't have classes, all of my bags just sit in my closet. I haven't looked at them in ages. Until recently, that is, when I needed a make-shift laptop bag. I dug through my collection and found one of my favorite old bags:My mom and I made this felted bag during our road trip to Texas the first time I moved here (Jan 1, 2005). We knitted rows and rows endlessly, creating a gigantic striped bag. It was a grea way for us to pass the time as we travelled from Indiana to Fort Worth for the first of what would become several long trips. After a lot (and lot) of knitting, we felted it (washed and dried it) and it came out beautifully.


I love the colors and I love the memories all sewn up in this one little bag. Now that it's made it's way out of the closet, I think I'll keep it in use for a while. Bring a little brightness to some otherwise dull winter weather!

No comments: