Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Low Carb? No Thanks.

I could never be on a low carb diet. I love carbs- especially BREAD!


Right now I have three loaves of different kinds of bread on my counter:


~I made this pumpkin bread from scratch around Thanksgiving and froze an extra loaf to savor later (like now). It is super moist and oh-so-delicious, with or without chocolate chips.

(image credit: eighteen25)

~I made chili last night, so to go with it I also whipped up a batch of Paula Deen's Beer Bread. I cheated and used a box kit (just add beer and butter!) and it also turned out delicious. The smell in the kitchen while it was baking was unreal! YUM.

~I always have a stand-by loaf of Sara Lee Whole Grain white sliced sandwich bread. It's my go-to.

Plus, when I really get on a baking kick, I pull out my bread maker and then it's a full-on carb fest! Guess I just need to start eating them in moderation!

So no, a low carb diet is not part of my New Year's Resolutions.

No comments: