Thursday, December 23, 2010

Another recipe-- for the dogs!

Here's another recipe for you to try... only this one is for the dogs.

I made these dog treats for a few friends and all the pups went "Bananas" over them! :)

(From my cookbook: "The Organic Dog Biscuit Cookbook Kit" by the Bubba Rose Biscuit Company)

Banana B'Oats

1 1/2 cups Oat Flour
1 1/2 cups Brown Rice Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Oat Bran
1 Egg
1/2 cup bananas (mashed and pureed)
1/2 cup water


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Roll into small balls (about 1") and place on ungreased cookie sheet (they can be close because they don't spread). Press each one down with your hand to flatten cookies.

Bake 18-22 minuted or until edges are golden brown. Let cool completely on wire rack. Store at room temperature in a loosely covered container.

****

Some changes I made to my version ...

I didn't have oat bran, so I increased the amount of whole oats by 1/2 cup. That made them a little dry, so I also added a little more banana. The bananas I used were extra ripe ones that I had thrown into the freezer to use later. When I microwaved them to thaw them out, they were super easy to smash/puree. It worked out really well and was a great use for the over-ripe bananas I no longer want to eat myself.

These cookies turned out great and were almost mistaken for human cookies! (although it wouldn't hurt you to eat them!)

I hope your furry friends enjoy them as much as mine did!

No comments: