Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How much are you wearing?

I have a friend who used to love to play the game "How much are you wearing?" It was a game to see who had the most expensive clothes and outfits. I always lost.

But now, I've turned that constant losing in to a game of it's own. I wonder how cheap I can get? How little can I spend and still pull together a decent outfit?

Well I am quite the thrift store shopper, so this becomes a fun challenge. (I'll dedicate a future post to some of my best thrift store finds!) Today's outfit is made up entirely of thrift store clothes, but several of them are name brand items.

Todays cost: $18, including shoes. Wow!
(pardon the awkward self-picture and curvy mirror!)

Here's the breakdown:
Button-down shirt: $2 at Goodwill
Gap Sweater: Free from old roommate (she gave it to me new with tags!)
Gap Long and Lean Jeans: $6 at Goodwill
Boots: $10 at Goodwill Boutique
Total: $18
New goal: wear less than $18. I think I can do it.

No comments: