Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oreo Truffles

The first time I had an oreo truffle, I thought it was a little bite of heaven! They were so moist and delicious and oh-so-sweet. I imagined that it took forever to hand roll and dip these little treats...

...boy was I wrong. After getting them for gifts from a few different people, I started to think- "Well they can't be THAT hard to make if everyone else is doing it!" So I finally looked up the recipe.

OH MY THEY ARE EASY!! So now I'm sharing the recipe with you so that you can wow your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers with some of the tastiest little morsels around:


1 package Oreos
1 package (13 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
melting chocolate (you can use white, milk, semi-sweet, dark- whatever you prefer. I use white)


Grind up your Oreos in a food processer until they become fine crumbs. (You can also put them in a ziplock bag and roll over them with a rolling pin). Reserve about 1/4 cup of crumbs and set aside for topping.

Combine crumbs with softened cream cheese in a medium bowl. Stir until mixed.

Roll into 1 inch balls. (I made rough looking balls first, then refrigerated them until they were stiff enough to roll and smooth out). Refrigerate until firm.

Melt chocolate in a double boiler or carefully in the microwave. Dip refrigerated balls into melted chocolate and sprinkle extra crumbs on top. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
Eat and Share!! YUM!

No comments: