Monday, December 27, 2010

Just Cool It

Merry Christmas! I hope you had a great holiday weekend! My Christmas was super low-key and lovely. I slept it, relaxed with the dogs, and then spent the afternoon with Shawn's family.


I was very blessed with some wonderful gifts this year. Many of them are slowly adding to my kitchen arsenal of gourmet gadgets. Soon I will have a kitchen to envy!


One of my biggest scores was a Wine Cooler from Shawn. It holds 36 bottles (wowza!) and is the stand alone black fridge-looking kind. I immediately plugged it in and put my 3 bottles of awaiting wine in there to chill. Man, 36 bottles is a LOT to fill!


Yesterday I finally found one of my favorite Texas wines and bought 2 bottles to add to my now growing collection: Fall Creek Chenin Blanc. I tried it this year at Grapefest in Grapevine, TX and it was delightful! I love fruity, light wines, and this one hit the spot! Plus, at under $8 per bottle- you can't go wrong!

(image credit)


I've searched stores for it since September and finally found it at World Market in the Arlington Highlands. Locals- go get you some!

No comments: