Thursday, December 9, 2010

Slow Cooker Favorite

It's finally winter time and that means two things in the kitchen... warm drinks and comfort food!! Check out this tutorial for homemade heart-shaped marshmallows to put in your favorite hot chocolate, or give as gifts (pictured above, from That Wife Blog).

I love this season because I get to pull out my slow cooker and make tasty, warm, hearty meals every week. Gotta love a good slow cooker.

I recently participated in a recipe exchange and shared my new go-to easy slow cooker meal.

This Cheesy Chicken is so incredibly easy, I could make it once a week!

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (approx 2 large breasts)
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

You simply season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the raw chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with all three cans of soup. Cook on low all day (up to 8 hours) or about 3-4 hours on high. When it's done, you'll end up with delicious shredded, cheesy goodness. Perfect to serve over rice!

Yum! Enjoy!

No comments: