Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wish List

It's that time of year again (already?!?) when people start creating Wish Lists for the Holidays. Some people simply jot down a few things they'd really like to have, while others create full blown online wishlists to share with family and friends.


Usually when it comes down to the wire, it's hard for me to come up with things I want. I've been very lucky in life and I try not to "want" too often. So, I personally use Amazon.com to create my Wish List througout the year. I started one last year and I add to it all year long with random/assorted things I would like to have.

Usually it's nothing major, but when I see something and think "well that might be nice to have..." I simply add it to my list. Then, whenever family or friends need to get me a gift any time of year, they can browse my list for inspiration. The best part about Amazon's Wish List is that you can add items from ANY website to your list, not just from Amazon. In fact, right now they are running a contest with prizes every week for those that add items from other websites. It's a really nice way to keep all of your "future purchases" and "wants" all in one place.



(image credit)

On another note, however, I've been thinking of a different kind of Wish List. This is more of a personal list of wishes for life. Things like:

*I wish I had more time to blog
*I wish I did more crafting
*I wish I baked and cooked more often
*I wish my house was cleaner and more organized
*I wish I kept in touch with my friends more often
*I wish I had a better workout routine
*I wish I could plan more events
*I wish I took more pictures (and actually put them in frames!)


So... I'm turning this Wish List into a Resolution List of sorts. My boss was recently speaking to a group of young students and told them "If you want something, go out and get it. No one is going to give anything to you. It's up to you to get it for yourself. If you want a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm."

Well, I'm taking his advice, starting now. I'm going to make it happen. I'm tired of wishing for more. These are all things I can achieve, so why just wish and wait for them?

'Tis is the season for wishes and dreams to come true... so let's get to work.

No comments: